Contact Us

Man Sets House on Fire While Cleaning Foot Infection

House Fire
David McNew, Getty Images

Sure, your feet burn when you have athlete’s foot, but a Fort Walton, Florida man had a foot injury that caused much worse burning than that.

The unidentified man accidentally set his house on fire Wednesday while he cleaned an infection in his foot.

The man claims he was sitting on his bed using rubbing alcohol to take care of the wound when his lit cigarette managed to touch the alcohol, setting the sheets up in flames.

Bad foot or not, the man  jumped up to grab a fire extinguisher. Unfortunately, the blaze spread faster than his infection did, so, before he had a chance to put out the inferno, he had to exit the house, as did other people who lived there.  They then called 911.

It’s not clear how much damage was sustained by the home, which is inhabitable now.

There’s no word on the status of the man’s infection.

[Associated Press]

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to using your original account information.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for TSM Interactive quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!