Batman: Arkham City Soundtrack Features Coheed and Cambria, Panic! At The Disco, More
Most video games don't get soundtracks and the ones that do aren't normally filled with brand new songs from some of rock's biggest artists.
Batman: Arkham City isn't just any game, however. It's receiving a proper soundtrack tribute, with Coheed and Cambria, Panic! At the Disco, and System of a Down frontman Serj Tankian among the artists lining up to contribute original music.
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Daughtry, and the Raveonettes are a few of the other artists who signed up to provide "their own musical interpretation of the Batman mythology" on the album, due to arrive in stores two weeks before the game's October 18 debut.
Coheed and Cambria frontman Claudio Sanchez described the track his band contributed, 'Deranged,' by saying "I write in a very conceptual format . . . but ‘Batman’ has a much larger, defined history and rules that go along with it. My goal was to find universal themes from ‘Batman’’s existing history to help give the lyrics legs and dimension so that the song could live within that world."
‘Batman: Arkham City — The Album’ Track Listing:
1. Panic! At The Disco – ‘Mercenary’
2. Coheed and Cambria – ‘Deranged’
3. The Duke Spirit – ‘Creature’
4. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – ‘Shadow On The Run’
5. Blaqk Audio – ‘Afterdark’
6. The Raveonettes – ‘Oh, Stranger’
7. (Crosses) – ‘The Years’
8. The Damned Things – ‘Trophy Widow’
9. Daughtry – ‘Drown In You’
10. The Boxer Rebellion – ‘Losing You’
11. Serj Tankian – ‘Total Paranoia’
Collector's edition bonus track:
12. A Place to Bury Strangers – ‘In The Shadow’