12 Surprising Changes in the New James Bond Movie
James Bond is one of those movie franchises that seems almost untouchable. Changing just a minor quirk in the character’s persona or habits would cause movie fans to revolt, assuming of course that they don’t run out of breath by the time they get to the studio from the lack of exercise.
One possible change in the next film in the series is that Bond wouldn’t drink his classic “shaken, not stirred” martinis. Instead, he’d down a bottle of beer as a product placement deal with Heineken. The changes don’t stop there, though.
Here's a look at some others that might just shock moviegoers:
1. He chases bad guys in a Kia Sorrento.
2. The password he gives to an undercover agent is, “Momma keeps whites bright like the sunlight.” The agent responds, “Momma’s got the magic of Clorox 2.”
3. Q’s tech additions to Bond's car include twin hood-mounted machine guns, rear smoke screens and a Mountain Dew dispenser.
4. He drops a henchman through a thin sheet of polar ice and remarks, “Who wants a Smirnoff Ice?”
5. He spends the first third of the movie waiting for his contact in a Burger King.
6. His new name? “Bond, Gold Bond, Medicated Powder.”
7. His new mission involves working undercover as a waiter at TGI Friday’s.
8. The villain tries to get him to talk by threatening to cut off his fingers with “the fast, efficient and easy-to-clean Slap Chop.”
9. When he wrecks his Aston Martin, he is saved by MI5 because he has OnStar.
10. Q says, “Now see here 007, this may look like an ordinary box of Hot Pockets Snackers...”
11. His mission is to find out why Diet Dr. Pepper tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.
12. His old arch nemesis: Blofeld.His new arch nemesis: Blopop